Mission Service Opportunities application process
1. Contact Brother Bernie Spitzley, SVD, at firstname.lastname@example.org
to indicate what site you are interested in and what work you would like to do. He will coordinate your service with the site coordinator to work out the dates and other details of your service.
2. You will be sent an application form for you to fill out, sign, and return.
3. Submit at least one character reference.
4. You will be sent the Code of Conduct for SVD Volunteers
, which you must read and sign a form indicating that you have read and understood it.
5. If your service includes direct contact working with minors, you must complete a criminal background check and safe environment training with your own home diocese. Proof of both will be required (a letter from your pastor or parish safe environment coordinator will suffice).
6. You are asked to submit $15/day to help defray the cost of room and board.
To see the full list of Mission Service Opportunity sites, click here.